Yes, it’s true. I’ve been watching Season Six of American Idol with my daughter, our first time dipping into this particular well of pop culture. In the spirit of believing you can do anything, as the auditioners so clearly do, please fill in the following five blanks.
1) If I could sing like anyone, it would be Karin Bergquist of Over the Rhine.
2) I would love to sing the song “Only the Good Die Young”.
3) It would be really cool to sing anywhere!
4) If I could sing a dream duet it would be with Billy Joel.
5) If I could sing on a TV or radio show, it would be The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.