reverendmother here… It seems like this topic has been done before, but I can’t find it in the archives, so……
I am downtown on retreat this week. Most of the retreatants are from out of town, so I get to experience this place through the eyes of visitors. So in the spirit of tourism:
1. What is one place you make sure to take out-of-town guests when they visit?
I don’t know. I just moved to Chicago last year. I think the three top places I would take someone to, depending on what they liked would be: 1) The Art Institute, 2) Shedds Aquarium, 3) Garfield Park Conservatory. Then depending on the time of the year, there is always heading to Wrigley Field for a Cubs game.
2. When visiting another city or town, do you try to cram as much in as possible, or take it slow and easy?
Normally I cram in as much as possible. I always want to see everything.
3. When traveling, where are we most likely to find you: strolling through a museum, checking out the local shopping, or _________________?
Strolling through a museum or looking for a great mom and pop place to eat the local food.
4. Do you like organized tours and/or carefully planned itineraries, or would you rather strike out and just see what happens?
I like to strike out and see what happens.
5. After an extended trip, what do you find yourself craving most about home?
0 thoughts on “RevGals Friday Five: Tourist Edition”
Cubs game…still haven’t managed to do that.