Gifts and talents is the theme of todays Friday 5.
1. Personality tests; love them or hate them?
I’m ambivalent about them. Some of are good, some are not. For the record on the Myers Briggs, I am an INFP, and I am a 4 on the Ennegram.
2. Would you describe yourself as practical, creative, intellectual or a mixture ?
I am a creative intellectual. Practical? What’s that?
3. It is said that everyone has their 15 minutes of fame; have you had yours yet? If so what was it, if not dream away what would you like it to be?
No, I haven’t had it. I would like it to be a bestselling book.
4. If you were given a 2 year sabatical ( oh the dream of it) to create something would it be music, literature, art…..something completely different…share your dream with us…
I’d definitely be writing, but I would want to be learning how to paint and do calligraphy as well. I’d love to write and illustrate a book.
5. Describe a talent you would like to develop, but that seems completely beyond you.
I don’t know if it’s beyond me because I haven’t devoted a lot of time to it. I would love to learn calligraphy.
Bonus question: Back to the church- what does every member ministry mean to you? Is it truly possible to encourage/ implement?
I believe every member has a ministry, and I think in small churches it is possible to encourage and implement members’ ministries. I also think at times our definition of ministry may need to be broadened.