I’ve just returned from a meeting in Cambridge so I’m posting this late here in the UK (it is 3:45pm).. because I took the opportunity of a free afternoon in Cambridge’s wonderful book shops… I only bought a few- and they were on sale- very restrained for me!!!
So with my head full of books I’ve seen and a long wish list in my mind, I bring you a Friday Five on books!!!
1. Fiction what kind, detective novels, historical stuff, thrillers, romance????
Urban fantasy, mystery, thriller, classical fiction, fantasy, and historical
2. When you get a really good book do you read it all in one chunk or savour it slowly?
I devour books.
3. Is there a book you keep returning to and why?
Several: Laura Ingalls Wilder’s Little House books, Little Women, The Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, A Wrinkle in Time series, Neverwhere, and Sunshine.
4. Apart from the Bible which non-fiction book has influenced you the most?
Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s The Cost of Discipleship
5. Describe a perfect place to read. ( could be anywhere!!!)
Bed. Or sitting by the lake.