I am working through Problogger’s 31 Day to a Better Blog, which I am hoping will make me a more consistent blogger as well as a better blogger. Today’s assignment is a list blog, so I decided to share with you what I am reading.
Books I Just Finished
- Leaving Church by Barbara Brown Taylor. This book really helped get a handle on leaving ordained life and getting a grasp on my own vocation.
- Anglican Vision (The New Church’s Teaching Series, V. 1) by James E. Griffiss. Learning more about the Church I joined last year.
- Made from Scratch: Reclaiming the Pleasures of the American Hearth by Jean Zimmerman. This is a great book on the history of homemaking and how it was slowly taken away from us by consumerism.
- Small Favor (The Dresden Files, Book 10) by Jim Butcher. Because everyone needs a little Bob in their life.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Book 4) by J. K. Rowling Re-reading the series. My original goal was to have the first six books read by the time Half-Blood Prince came out. Not going to make that goal, but I’m still enjoying the ride.
Books I’m in Various Stages of Reading
- Women and the Common Life: Love, Marriage, and Feminism by Christopher Lasch
- My Life in France by Julia Child.
- Five Books Of Miriam: A Woman’s Commentary on the Torah by Ellen Frankel
- The Creative Habit: Learn It and Use It for Life by Twyla Tharp
On the four books I’m reading, so far so good. Well, Julia’s book rocks, but that doesn’t surprise anyone does it?
What are you reading? Any books you suggest I put on my “To Read” list?