Change is a given in life, yet it’s not easy for any of us. So strap on your seat belts and let’s talk about it:
1. Share, if you wish, the biggest change you experienced this past year.
I got married! (See picture.)
2. Talk about a time you changed your mind about something, important or not.
I decided to go decaf this year after years of saying I never would.
3. Bishop John Shelby Spong wrote a controversial book called “Why Christianity Must Change or Die.” Setting aside his ideas–what kind of changes would you like to see in the Church?
Real equality for women and more working for social justice, especially in the unfair social structures in this country that keep so many people “in their place.” For my denomination I would like to see pastors taken care of, and the General Budget guidelines redone, so small churches are not paying in 20% of their income to the General Church.
4. Have you changed your hairstyle/hair color in the last five years? If so, how many times?
My hairstyle gets changed a couple of times a year, and my hair color is always changing because I am easily bored.
5. What WERE they thinking with that New Coke thing?
I don’t like pop, so I wonder what they were thinking with that whole pop thing. 🙂
0 thoughts on “RevGals Friday Five: Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes”
I think it’s awesome that you wore a gorgeous dress that didn’t have to be white. I’m a true believer in picking a wedding dress based on how much we like it, versus what tradition tells us to wear (white, white, white). Beautiful choice!
And I am totally stealing your “change” survey for my blog. 🙂
Thank you for all the compliments on my dress. The minute I saw it, I knew it was perfect.
I agree on the dress – bee-you-tea full.
Go decaf??? (shudder) ONLY if you make me.
I LOVE your wedding dress. A friend of mine is getting married in a few months and picked out kickin’ APPLE GREEN shoes! How fun is that??
Echoes the wedding picture comments- your dress was amazing!
Also love the answers to 3. yes and yes to real equality- in so many different ways!
It IS a beautiful dress–red is my favorite color. Best wishes!
What a gorgeous dress you wore!
Beautiful wedding picture! And how amazing to go decaf…
Woah, gorgeously gorgeous wedding picture! Congratulations on that important step and best wishes for what sounds like a holy and amazing partnership!