Revkjarla writes to us this week:
This Friday-Saturday is our annual Women’s Retreat at my church. It’s one of my favorite 24 hours of the year, because we enjoy each other, we laugh, we cry, we support each other..and all of that good stuff!
So, since I am in the WR mode, let’s talk about women in your life!
1. Name a woman author you very much love to read.
Just one? That’s not going to happen, but here are a few: Laura Ingalls Wilder, Madeline L’Engle (Happy 50th Birthday A Wrinkle in Time!), Susan McKinley, Charlaine Harris, Maeve Binchy, and Louisa May Alcott. You did mean fiction right? Cause if we get into non-fiction….
2. Name a woman from the Bible with whom you would like to enjoy a nice long coffee talk.
Again–just one? Mary Mother of Jesus, Mary Magdalene, Abigail, Deborah, Phoebe, and Lydia.
3. Name a famous woman from history with whom you would like to have lunch.
Queen Elizabeth I
4. Name a living famous or infamous woman with whom you would like to go out to dinner.
Sandra Day O-Conner: I was 11 years old when she was appointed to the Supreme Court, and that’s when I knew girls could do more than I was told they could do. About the same time I was reading A Wrinkle in Time, and Meg showed me that girls could do more than I was being told too. Looking back it was an incredible intersection of fiction and life showing me I could be so much more than I had ever been told before (Wonder Woman was involved in these realizations as well). For more on how fiction has liberated me from traditional gender roles and stereotypes read Women and Fiction: Writing the World Right.
5. If you could be SuperWoman (o.k., I know you already ARE) what three special powers would you like to have?
Climb up walls like Spidey, Wonder Woman’s lasso, and to be able to see the Unseen Worlds all around us–to not just sense the Thin Places but walk through them.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.