For this mid-December Friday Five, let’s explore some Yuletide favorites.
1) It’s a Wonderful Life–Is it? Do you remember seeing it for the first time?
I love this movie. I’d say it’s my favorite, but I have all the old Christmas movies, and I love them all: IAWL, The Bishop’s Wife, Miracle on 34th Street (the old one) along with the Charlie Brown Christmas and How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the cartoon). I don’t remember exactly when I saw IAWL the first time: I was in grade school. It’s been awhile.
2) Miracle on 34th Street–old version or new?
The old version. Maureen O’Hare is one of my favorite actresses.
3) Do you have a favorite incarnation of Mr. Scrooge?
George C. Scott
4) Why should it be a problem for an elf to be a dentist? I’ve been watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer for years now, and I still don’t get it.
I have no idea either. You’d think of all people Santa would have one heck of a dental program.
5) Who’s the scariest character in Christmas specials/movies?
- The Bumble
- The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, Muppet Version
- That Mean Magician Who Tries to Melt Frosty
- Your Nomination
Definitely the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, from the Muppet Version.
0 thoughts on “RevGals Friday Five: Yuletide Favorites”
Hey! Thanks for the congrats over at RevGalBlogPals. 🙂 I appreciate it a lot! Oh, and the old Miracle on 34th Street is my preferred version, too!
I love The Bishop’s Wife! It was a favorite of my mother’s, and now I am enjoying it with my daughter.
Actually all the links came over from the original post over at RevGals when I copied it over. No, I would not have put all of them in.
Thank you for stopping by.
you found this so engrossing you actually linked to everything! WTG?! and thanks for affirming oddity over on my Friday Fiv