Last night my TV Boyfriend Keith Olbermann made some comments I really appreciated, and it got me thinking about what makes one person admire another. In the spirit of Keith’s show on MSNBC, welcome to the Friday Five Countdown Edition.
Please count down five living people you admire and tell us a little something about why they make your list. These could be famous people or people you know personally.
5. Jon Stewart, who is my TV boyfriend. He always makes me smile no matter how ridiculous the news is. My day is not complete until I’ve had my moment of zen.
4. I like Keith Olbermann as well. He’s the only reporter to call the Bush administration on their incompetence, and he was doing it before anyone else was. I also love his “Worst Person in the World.”
3. Marva Dawn for her ability to translate theology into everyday life.
2. My former boss who is intelligent, full of grace, and a joy to work for.
1. My husband who continues show me what unconditional love is and always makes me feel like the most special person on the face of the planet.
0 thoughts on “RevGals Friday Five: Countdown Edition”
Great list! Lots of Jon/Stephen fans among the RevGals!
I’m a huge Olbermann as well; one of the smartest, most interesting men on television — proof that those who love sports (I’ve followed him since his ESPN days) can be competent commenters on politics.
Your whole post is graceful and full of gracegiving people.
Songbird–that is so cool you went to college with Jon. Yes, I’m a fangirl. 🙂
I noticed several of us wrote about our spouses, which I think is wonderful. Thank you everyone for stopping by and saying hi.
What a lovely list! I do enjoy Jon Stewart. And I wrote about my spouse too!
Jon Stewart was at college with me, so he feels more like a TV Brother than boyfriend. I do appreciate his perspective.
Thanks for sharing!
Great list! This was fun, wasn’t it?
thanks for sharing a great list.
Thank you! And thank you for stopping by.
And yes I am blessed. I have great people in my life.
great list! jon stewart is definately a cutie! love how 1-3 are “real” people. sounds like you are definately blessed!