Sophia writes: This Friday Five is inspired by my husband’s Lasik surgery yesterday….He’d been contemplating it for a while and was pushed over the edge by the fact that we put too much money in our healthcare spending account this year and it would have been gone anyway. (There was only enough for one eye, but the kind people at the eye clinic figured out a way to divvy up the charges between surgery and followup in January=next year’s spending account). So please say a little prayer for his safe recovery and share with us your thoughts on eyes and vision.
1. What color are your beautiful eyes? Did you inherit them from or pass them on to anyone in your family?
I have hazel eyes that are predominately blue. I got them from both parents: Dad’s are blue and Mom’s are hazel.
2. What color eyes would you choose if you could change them?
Wouldn’t change them. I like how they change colors depending on what I’m wearing.
3. Do you wear glasses or contacts? What kind? Like ’em or hate ’em?
I wear glasses and most of the time I don’t mind them. I’ve been in them for over 30 years. There are days I forget they are there.
4. Ever had, or contemplated, laser surgery? Happy with the results?
No. I want to wait a few more years to see if any long term side effects come out.
5. Do you like to look people in the eye, or are you more eye-shy?
I look people in the eye. Unless it’s a cultural thing, I don’t trust people who won’t look me in the eye.
Bonus question: Share a poem, song, or prayer that relates to eyes and seeing.
I have to so with what several others have said: “Brown Eyed Girl.”