Reverend Mother says, “It’s Labor Day weekend here in the United States, also known as Summer’s Last Hurrah. So let’s say goodbye to summer and hello to the autumn. (People in other climes, feel free to adapt as needed.)”
1. Share a highlight from this summer.
My dad who has been a Cubs fan longer than I’ve been alive got to see his first Cubs game at Wrigley Field. Mom and I said he died and went to Wrigley heaven.
2. Are you glad to see this summer end? Why or why not?
Yes because fall is my favorite time of the year.
3. Name one or two things you’re looking forward to this fall.
The leaves changing and Halloween.
4. Do you have any special preparations or activities to mark the transition from one season to another? (Cleaning of house, putting away summer clothes, one last trip to the beach)
Bringing out the fall and Halloween decorations. Or more of the Halloween decorations, since me and the hubby believe Halloween is a way of life and not just one day in the year. 🙂
5. I’ll know that fall is really here when the wind gets that wild feel to it and when it blows in your face you believe anything is possible.
Did you know there are only eight verses in the Bible that discourage women from speaking and holding leadership positions in the church? Did you know there are thousands of verses in the Bible that tell the stories of women who were leaders in their homes, towns, and religious circles? Meet the women in the Bible who were religious & civic leaders, business women, & women who challenged both Jesus and Moses in What You Didn’t Learn in Sunday School. What else didn’t you learn in Sunday School? Find out when you buy What You Didn’t Learn in Sunday School: Women Who Didn’t Shut Up & Sit Down from Wipf and Stock Publishers or Amazon.com today.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.