For this mid-December Friday Five, let’s explore some Yuletide favorites.
1) It’s a Wonderful Life–Is it? Do you remember seeing it for the first time?
I love this movie. I’d say it’s my favorite, but I have all the old Christmas movies, and I love them all: IAWL, The Bishop’s Wife, Miracle on 34th Street (the old one) along with the Charlie Brown Christmas and How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the cartoon). I don’t remember exactly when I saw IAWL the first time: I was in grade school. It’s been awhile.
The old version. Maureen O’Hare is one of my favorite actresses.
3) Do you have a favorite incarnation of Mr. Scrooge?
George C. Scott
4) Why should it be a problem for an elf to be a dentist? I’ve been watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer for years now, and I still don’t get it.
I have no idea either. You’d think of all people Santa would have one heck of a dental program.
5) Who’s the scariest character in Christmas specials/movies?
- The Bumble
- The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, Muppet Version
- That Mean Magician Who Tries to Melt Frosty
- Your Nomination
Definitely the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, from the Muppet Version.